Everything you need to know about serviced apartments....
....and a little bit more
If you have never booked and stayed in a serviced apartment before, there is often the "fear of the unknown". To make this easier we thought it would be a good idea to answer some of the most common asked questions we get here at The Spires.
- Do we hyave to sign a lease? No, it's just like booking a hotel.
- How spacious is an apartment? Most apartments are at least 3 times bigger than a traditional hotel room.
- Do I have to stay for 6 months? No, at The Spires we have no minimum length of stay which means you can stay for 1 night or for however long you like.
- Do I need to bring my own linen and towels? No, just like a hotel we provide all of this. We also provide housekeeping.
- Do I need to clean the apartment before I leave? No, again just like a hotel our housekeeping team takes care of this
- Do I need to pay for the gas and electric I use? No, the rate quoted includes this - even on long stays
- How do I collect my keys? If you arrive during reception hours you check-in just like a hotel. If you arrive outwith reception hours we have a well tested and used self-check-in procedure
- When reception is closed is there anyone there to help? We have a duty manager on call 24 hours per day, 365 days of the year
- How do I book? To guarantee the best rate it is best to book either through our website or by calling our dedicated central reservation team on 0345 270 0090
- Do you have a restaurant? No, however all apartments have a full kitchen which enables guests to cater for themselves - or why not get a meal delivered.
- Can I get groceries delivered? Of course. Arrange for your groceries to be delivered for the day of your arrival and our apartment team will ensure this is in your apartment and unpacked for your arrival.
- What is the Best Rate Guarantee? We guarantee to beat any quotes you get elsewhere by up to 10% if you book with us directly. Also by booking directly you can usually get breakfast and wifi included in your rate.
- Do you provide breakfast? Yes. We can provide a continental breakfast which will be delivered to your apartment the evening before which means you can have breakfast at leisure.
- Do we need to bring our own tea and coffee? No. Like a hotel we provide tea, coffee and biscuits. We also provide washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets and washing machine tablets.
- Do you have wifi? Yes. All of ourt apartments are covered by wifi. If you book direct with us we can include this in your rate however this is not included in rates offered to on-line agents.
- Can you provide cots and highchairs? Yes we do and we don't charge for this. We can also provide cot linen if required.
- Can you provide extra beds? We can in some apartments if required. There is a small charge for this if it is an adult, however we can provide this free of charge for children.
- Do you charge per person? No, we always charge per apartment per night - which means it can work out very cost effective for a family or if colleagues share a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment.
- What toiletries do you provide? We provide shampoo/conditioner and hand soap.
- Do you have hairdryers? Yes, every bedroom has a hairdryer.
- What TV channels do you have? We provide all of the main freeview channels
- Do you have DVD players? Yes in all apartments.
- How do I pay? Usually by credit card. We take a pre-authorisation when you check in to cover the cost of the stay as well as a bit extra as a security deposit - £50 during the week and £250 over the weekend. The security deposit is refunadable once the apartment has been checked and everything is in order.
- Why do I need photo ID? We are a PCI compliant company who take credit card security very seriously. We just need to check that the credit card holder checking in matches the name on the card.
- Can I have lots of extra people visit me? We always want all of our guests to have a pleasant and peaceful stay with us, so we do have restrictions on how many visitors you can have. We do not tolerate any social gatherings and our apartments can not be used for parties.
- How many bathrooms are in a 2 bedroom apartment? The majority of our 2 bedroom apartments have 2 bathrooms. Our 3 bedroom apartments have 4 bathrooms!